Based on what you have learned so far this week, create a PowerPoint presentation (minimum 17 slides) with detailed notes for each slide that addresses each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions. Use clear headings that allow your professor to know which bullet you are addressing on the slides in your presentation. Support your content with at least four (4) citations throughout your presentation. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the presentation. Include a slide for your references at the end. Follow best practices for PowerPoint presentations (an example is in the Resources tab) related to text size, color, images, effects, wordiness, and multimedia enhancements.
1. Explain what is meant by a manager’s power base, the ways a manager develops it, and how a manager can effectively use it to achieve organizational and personal goals.
2. Discuss what is meant by upstream influence and the various influence tactics categories associated with it.
3. Explain the difference between the University of Michigan studies and the Ohio State studies.
4. Summarize the path-goal model of leadership. What theories of motivation can you tie to the assumptions of the model?
5. Explain why the study of leadership styles and approaches tends to generate much controversy among researchers and academics.
The following specifications are required for this assignment:
- Length: 17-20 slides; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner
- Title slide: 1 slide APA style
- Manager’s power base: at least 3 slides
- Upstream influence: at least 3 slides
- University studies: at least 3 slides
- Path-goal model: at least 3 slides
- Leadership styles: at least 3 slides
- Reference slide: at least 1 slide – formatted in APA style
- Additionally, because a good presentation has few words on the slides include a script with the verbiage you would say when presenting; script should be a minimum of 50 words per slide.
- References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least four (4) scholarly sources to support your claims.
- Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft PowerPoint document and a Word document (.pptx) and (.doc or .docx) or Open Office Impress.
- File Name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the module number (for example, “RHall Module1.pptx”)
In addition to the topic study materials, use the chart you completed and questions you answered in the Topic 3 about “Case Study: Healing and Autonomy” as the basis for your responses in this assignment.
Answer the following questions about a patient’s spiritual needs in light of the Christian worldview.
- In 200-250 words, respond to the following: Should the physician allow Mike to continue making decisions that seem to him to be irrational and harmful to James, or would that mean a disrespect of a patient’s autonomy? Explain your rationale.
- In 400-450 words, respond to the following: How ought the Christian think about sickness and health? How should a Christian think about medical intervention? What should Mike as a Christian do? How should he reason about trusting God and treating James in relation to what is truly honoring the principles of beneficence and nonmaleficence in James’s care?
- In 200-250 words, respond to the following: How would a spiritual needs assessment help the physician assist Mike determine appropriate interventions for James and for his family or others involved in his care?
Remember to support your responses with the topic study materials.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
1. Decisions that need to be made by the physician and the father are analyzed from both perspectives with a deep understanding of the complexity of the principle of autonomy. Analysis is supported by the case study, topic study materials, or Topic 3 assignment responses. 20%
2. Decisions that need to be made by the physician and the father are analyzed with deep understanding of the complexity of the Christian perspective, as well as with the principles of beneficence and nonmaleficence. Analysis is supported by the case study, topic study materials, or Topic 3 assignment responses. 20%
3. How a spiritual needs assessment would help the physician assist the father determine appropriate interventions for his son, his family, or others involved in the care of his son is clearly analyzed with a deep understanding of the connection between a spiritual needs assessment and providing appropriate interventions. Analysis is supported by the case study, topic study materials, or Topic 3 assignment responses. 30%
4. Thesis is comprehensive and contains the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear. 7%
5. Clear and convincing argument presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative. 8%
6. Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English. 5%
7. All format elements are correct. 5%
8. Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error. 5%
There are three different parts to this paper:
· Part one deals with Mike’s decision-making capabilities.
· Part two deals with how to think issues related to sickness and health.
· Part three deals with a spiritual assessment.
Read “Doing a Culturally Sensitive Spiritual Assessment: Recognizing Spiritual Themes and Using the HOPE Questions,” by Anandarajah, from AMA Journal of Ethics(2005).
Read “End of Life and Sanctity of Life,” by Reichman, from American Medical Association Journal of Ethics, formerly Virtual Mentor (2005).
For this assignment, you will conduct an ethical analysis using one of the case studies provided. Please refer to and cite at least one of the readings from class and at least one additional scholarly source from your own research.
Format: Your Case Study Analysis should use standard formatting for an academic paper, including 1” margins, a standard, 12 pt. font, double-spacing, and a consistent citation method (MLA, APA, Chicago). Each completed case study should be 500-1000 words (500 words minimum). Submit your case study analysis as a Word document only (please do not submit a PDF).
Choose ONE of the cases:
1. Even with significant reductions in the use of nonrenewable resources, the world still needs a massive amount of energy. Hydroelectric dams may reduce dependence upon forms of energy production that contribute to global warming. However, building dams harms humans, animals, and other living things and may endanger certain species, ecosystems, and the lives and cultures of indigenous people. Assuming that you must choose between building dams with those negative effects and continuing to operate coal-fired power plants which will contribute to the degradation of global ecosystems, determine whether or not we should we build more dams.
Consider the relative importance of present and future generations, and the moral standing of each of the different parties and stakeholders affected by the building of the dam.
2. Assume the following scenario: Global warming related to climate change is making it easier for black and grizzly bears to survive in habitats formerly inhabited solely by polar bears. Competition with polar bears, as well as interbreeding, are drastically diminishing the numbers of ‘pure’ polar bears, which will likely go extinct without human intervention. It is relatively easy, but expensive, to trap the non-polar bears. Although some of the other bears could be relocated, many would die in the traps. Carefully regulated hunting focused exclusively on black and grizzly bears could also help shift the balance back in favor of the polar bears. Allowing hunting, however, would be deeply insulting to local indigenous peoples, while also bringing needed economic vitality to struggling non-native, rural communities.
What, if anything, should be done about the potential extinction of polar bears? Does it matter whether global warming is caused by human activity? Would it matter if the relevant species were trees instead of bears?
Include the following sections with sub-headings
Introduction & Background information: Briefly summarize and describe the case
Ethical Questions: State the primary ethical questions you will address in your case study (ex. Scientists cannot yet bring back extinct species. However, if this becomes possible in the future, should scientists pursue this research? Should people living in affluent, post-Industrialized societies like the US consume animal products?)
Key Stakeholders: Who or what stands to benefit from or might be harmed by this case. For each stakeholder, note their values, concerns, worldviews (use key terms and concepts you have learned in class).
Options: What are the best possible options to address or resolve these ethical questions?
Position: In the final section (at least one solid paragraph), write a strong justification for your position, including factual content or evidence that supports your position, the views and interests of key stakeholders that are most relevant, specific ethical considerations that support your position (moral status, intrinsic value, justice, minimizing harm, etc.)
Citations: Include references or works at the end of your analysis (not included in word count) with at least two sources (one from class and one from your research).
At least one of the sources must be an essay we have read for class.
“Equality for Animals”, Peter Singer (this would be a reading to reference)
Discussion: Interaction Between Nurse Informaticists and Other Specialists
Nature offers many examples of specialization and collaboration. Ant colonies and bee hives are but two examples of nature’s sophisticated organizations. Each thrives because their members specialize by tasks, divide labor, and collaborate to ensure food, safety, and general well-being of the colony or hive.
Of course, humans don’t fare too badly in this regard either. And healthcare is a great example. As specialists in the collection, access, and application of data, nurse informaticists collaborate with specialists on a regular basis to ensure that appropriate data is available to make decisions and take actions to ensure the general well-being of patients.
In this Discussion, you will reflect on your own observations of and/or experiences with informaticist collaboration. You will also propose strategies for how these collaborative experiences might be improved.
Review the Resources and reflect on the evolution of nursing informatics from a science to a nursing specialty.
Consider your experiences with nurse Informaticists or technology specialists within your healthcare organization
Post a description of experiences or observations about how nurse informaticists and/or data or technology specialists interact with other professionals within your healthcare organization. Suggest at least one strategy on how these interactions might be improved. Be specific and provide examples. Then, explain the impact you believe the continued evolution of nursing informatics as a specialty and/or the continued emergence of new technologies might have on professional interactions.
McGonigle, D., & Mastrian, K. G. (2017). Nursing informatics and the foundation of knowledge (4th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
· Chapter 25, “The Art of Caring in Technology-Laden Environments” (pp. 525–535)
· Chapter 26, “Nursing Informatics and the Foundation of Knowledge” (pp. 537–551)
American Nurses Association. (2018). Inclusion of recognized terminologies supporting nursing practice within electronic health records and other health information technology solutions. Retrieved from https://www.nursingworld.org/practice-policy/nursing-excellence/official-position-statements/id/Inclusion-of-Recognized-Terminologies-Supporting-Nursing-Practice-within-Electronic-Health-Records/
Macieria, T. G. R., Smith, M. B., Davis, N., Yao, Y., Wilkie, D. J., Lopez, K. D., & Keenan, G. (2017). Evidence of progress in making nursing practice visible using standardized nursing data: A systematic review. AMIA Annual Symposium Proceedings, 2017, 1205–1214. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5977718/
Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology. (2017). Standard nursing terminologies: A landscape analysis. Retrieved from https://www.healthit.gov/sites/default/files/snt_final_05302017.pdf
Rutherford, M. A. (2008). Standardized nursing language: What does it mean for nursing practice? Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, 13(1), 1–12. doi:10.3912/OJIN.Vol13No01PPT05.
Note: You will access this article from the Walden Library databases.
Wang, Y. Kung, L., & Byrd, T. A. (2018). Big data analytics: Understanding its capabilities and potential benefits for healthcare organizations. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 126(1), 3–13. doi:10.1016/j.techfore.2015.12.019.
Note: You will access this article from the Walden Library databases.
Laureate Education (Executive Producer). (2012). Data, information, knowledge and wisdom continuum [Multimedia file]. Baltimore, MD: Author. Retrieved from http://mym.cdn.laureate-media.com/2dett4d/Walden/NURS/6051/03/mm/continuum/index.html
MY SPECIALTY: MENTAL HEALTH NURSE PRACTITIONER
CHECK THE DOCUMENT, AND BOOK ATTCHED BELLOW , AND CHECK THE REQUIRED READINGS TO COMPLETE THE DISCUSSION QUESTION CORRECTLY.
allessaysexpert.com is a writing facility that renders academic assistance to students studying. Nevertheless, under no given circumstances can our customers submit our assistance as their own work.
GET IN TOUCH
+1 (234) 295-3084