Adult Learning and Technology
Tuesday – July 24,2018
6–7 slides with speaker notes of 250 words per slide (excluding title and reference slides)
Examine the way in which organization strategy forms a foundation for training and employee development.
Define strategies and methods for determining employee training, development and performance needs.
Examine learning theories that support training and employee development efforts.
One truism of instructional design and performance management is that you get what you measure. Training objectives are essential to all development. They support the outcomes of the course, and good training objectives support the overall curriculum and the strategies of the organization.
Prepare a PowerPoint presentation that addresses the following elements of instructional design:
1. Explain the purpose of training objectives.
2. Describe how training objectives align with course outcomes.
3. Learning objectives vary greatly by the topic and outcome for the course.
4. Compare the differences and similarities of training objectives for a behavioral course, such as leadership skills, and those of a more technical course, such as lean manufacturing techniques.
5. Propose a process for an organization to implement that aligns course training objectives, curriculum learning outcomes, and strategic organizational goals.
You must include a minimum of 2 scholarly references.