Option 1: Movie
Select a movie from the following list:
- Terms of Endearment (1983) (PG)
- Ordinary People (1980) (R)
- Saving Mr. Banks (2013) (PG-13)
- My Sisters Keeper (2009) (PG-13)
- Kramer vs. Kramer (1979) (PG)
- Footloose (1984) (PG)
- The Queen of Versailles (2012) (PG)
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (2011) (PG-13)
- 28 Days (2000) (PG-13)
Watch the selected movie in preparation for the biopsychosocial assessment. As you watch the movie, focus on one specific character in the movie as the focus of your clinical attention. Take notes over relevant patterns and significant moments/details within the characters’ journey. Consider the characters behavior patterns within the confines of the movie.
Option 2: Case Study
Read the attached case study. Take notes over relevant patterns and significant moments/details within the persons’ journey.
Refer back to the movie you selected and watched or the case study you read during Topic 1. Consider the character you selected or the person from the case study and complete a biopsychosocial assessment about your selected person using the provided biopsychosocial template. Only complete Part 1 of the template, as Part 2 will be completed later in the course.