Please ensure all work is original. Work must have in text citations and reliable references source.
Explain the leadership necessary to accomplish business goals and maximize organizational performance that includes the following:
- Research on charismatic, transformational, contingency, and situational leadership (Express each in detail and each significance)
- Selection of two of the researched leadership theories and analysis of the ability of those leadership styles and approaches to accomplish the goals as stated in the small business ownership sector. Be sure to connect the research to the analysis.
- Based on the analysis, provide a recommendation for the leadership style most appropriate for achieving the business and organizational performance goals identified in the introduction. Connecting the research to the recommendations will make them stronger.
- Conclusion should summarize the primary points of the paper and bring forward a call to action.
Assignment 1: PowerPoint Presentation
Consider your current work environment or one that you desire to join. Through a PowerPoint® presentation, propose a team approach to achieve a long-term business goal.
Develop a slide presentation that includes the following:
- Title slide.
- Introduction—Be sure to introduce the reason you are proposing a team approach by identifying the long-term business goal you desire to achieve.
- Actions for the organization level—(see DuBrin text, Table 9-3)
- Identify which of the seven actions are appropriately established and which need to be revised or developed.
- Propose recommendations for policy and structure changes to better enable the successful deployment of a team approach.
- Actions at the leader level—(see DuBrin text, Table 9-3)
- Using the 12 actions that leaders can take as a model, identify three strengths that seem generally consistent among leaders in the organization and three opportunities for development.
- Propose recommendations for leader training and development to help the team approach succeed.
- Actions at the individual level—(see DuBrin text, Figure 12-1 & Quiz 12-3)
- Using the Leadership Self-Assessment Quiz 12-3, determine your personal conflict resolution style and summarize what indicates for team membership and leadership.
- Propose recommendations for how you will improve your ability to contribute to team goals and objectives through active participation and collaboration.
- Conclude with a call to action that seeks sponsorship and support for this initiative.
Provide Detailed Notes—The detail of what would be your verbal presentation must be represented in the notes section of each slide.
- Demonstrate mastery of the topics.
- Inform and persuade your audience of your choices.
- While “Content” points may be earned through the individual slides, the use of research will be demonstrated through the notes.
- “Analysis” points will mostly be earned through the notes of each slide.
- Include citations, as needed, in the notes sections.
- References—any references used may be placed in the notes section of the concluding slide as it is not necessary for the audience to see this list.
Professional presentation, clarity of slides:
- It is important that the slides be streamlined, interesting, visually appealing, and professional.
- The use of an appropriate template, SmartArt to graphically depict information, and use of graphics to enhance the message is important. Do not just submit a plain PowerPoint deck that is filled with words and bullet point lists.
- The presentation must be interesting, visually appealing and memorable.
- Slides should not be overly cluttered and should be easily viewed when presented in a large setting. Use an appropriate font and font size.
- Slides must be grammatically correct and free of misspelled words.
Topic 1: Communication and Conflict Resolution Skills
The text provides numerous reasons why good communication skills contribute to effective leadership and details such things as networks, speaking, persuasion, listening, and cross-cultural barriers. The text also shares the leader’s role in resolving conflict while explaining five common styles. When comparing your own communication skills and conflict management styles, describe your strength and how it benefits you and identify an area of opportunity and how you would like to further develop in the near future to become a more effective leader.
Topic 2: Fostering Teamwork
The text identifies twelve (12) actions that leaders can take to foster teamwork (summarized in Table 9-1). Select one of these actions that most resonates with you and locate a current events or magazine article from the past year related to a leader doing this successfully.
Write two well-written paragraphs (about 250 words total) regarding the article you select. The first paragraph will summarize the important points of the article in a way that brings clarity and learning to all who read it. The second paragraph will include your analysis of the relevancy and accuracy of the article as well as how you may apply what you learned to your own leadership journey.