In Unit 1, you were asked to start thinking about various business issues you may encounter related to the health care field. In Unit 5, you will gather sources of information based on a health care business issue, which can be administrative or managerial. In this discussion, you will define your problem and identify the goals you are trying to achieve.
Think about the business issues currently happening in your organization that relate to health care. Select one you want to try to resolve and describe it. Next, answer the following questions:
- What goal are we (that is, you and the organization) trying to achieve?
- To achieve this goal, what do we need to know? What data is needed?
- How can we obtain this information? How would we collect the data?
- Once we collect the information and data, what do we do with it?
- Who are the stakeholders? What do they need to know?
- What successes have we achieved? What can we improve?
Once you have answered these questions, state the problem as a question. Once you have posted your discussion, your peers will provide feedback.
Following are examples of questions based on a health care business problem that you may come up with as it relates to hiring the “right” administrators for your organization:
- How can we have more success in hiring administrators in the Operations Department?
- We are hiring administrators, but they keep quitting. What do we need to know tackle this issue of high turnover?
- Examples may be knowing hiring trends or compensation strategies. Where can we collect this data? This may mean looking at other organizations within the health care field.