Those working in the healthcare field are faced with a multitude of challenges and risks on a daily basis. Some of those challenges and risks are not visible to the human eye and can have a major impact on healthcare staff and communities.
You have been chosen to be part of a new task force created by the Mayor Venues Fusion of Gotham City. The task force is looking at budgetary shortfalls and city-wide preparedness of disasters for the coming fiscal year. You have been assigned to explore the cost of an outbreak of an easily spreadable high-risk disease.
For this assignment, you will focus on exploring how best to create a presentation to present to the mayor addressing the outbreak of a disease in Gotham City, a poverty-stricken city. You may pick a disease of your choice.
To complete your assigned duties for the task force you will need to create a PowerPoint presentation of at least 13 slides:
- Introduction Slides (3 to 4 slides) – The introduction should cover the following:
- Explain in broad terms the possible disease that is affecting the city.
- Discuss social-economic details of the community affected by the outbreak.
- Plan of Action (8 to 10 slides) – Address the outbreak’s effect on and use of resources including manpower, money, and medicine.
- Conclusion (2 to 3 slides) – Present the best course of action to treat and contain the outbreak. Highlight the use of resources and overall impact on the community suffering from the outbreak.
- A separate, last slide for a Reference list in APA formatting.