Topic/Policy: Violence Against Women’s Act
***(This study will evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Violence Against Women Act from the perspective of the victim(s)********
Some things to consider:
- Does the policy deter violence against women?
- Are police response times to domestic violence calls adequate?
- Are there enough resources available to help women leave their abusers and seek safety?
- Do the penalties or legal ramifications for the abuser(s) fit the crime? Are they strictly enforced?
- Do statistics show an increase or decline in reported abuse cases between female victims and their abusers?
- Should this policy only be applicable to the typical “male/female” relationship?
- How many cases of spousal or physical abuse between partners go unreported each year, and could this be a limitation to accurately assessing the success of the policy?
Prepare an evaluation proposal (including anticipated results) for a criminal justice policy or program in your area of interest.
Create a 2- to 3 -slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with detailed speaker notes. Use complete sentences, with correct grammar and punctuation, to fully explain each slide as if you were giving an in-person presentation.
The proposal should include:
- Impact and significance of the study