Scenario: For this assignment, assume you are the Director of Strategic Planning of a hospital in your area (you must select a real hospital). The CEO has decided that the front-line employees need a refresher on hospital quality measures (specifically, CMSs Hospital Compare Program) and has asked you to develop a one-page flyer. The flyer should:
- Describe each clinical condition included in the program;
- Explain the strategic importance; and,
- Bullet the following information for each condition:
- the most challenging metric (i.e., the metric which the hospital performs worst on use real data from your selected hospital);
- the national and state performance average; and,
- 2-3 specific actions (based on best practices of top-performing hospitals) that staff can take to improve performance.
Here are some resources for developing flyers:
- The flyer should be one page in length not counting the reference page, which you must include.
- Use terms, evidence, and concepts from class readings.
- You need to cite at least three sources for this assignment, outside of the textbook. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find resources.
- Your paper must be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA.
- If you need assistance with your writing style, start with the links under the Research Help and Writing Help tabs on the CSU-Global Librarys homepage.
Review the Module 5 Critical Thinking rubric for full details on how you will be graded on this assignment.