3.1 Learning Outcomes:
- Describe the issues associated with entering into an OD process. (MLO 4.1)
- Describe the issues associated with contracting for an OD process. (MLO 4.2)
- Discuss the philosophy and purpose of diagnosis in organization development (OD). (MLO 5.1)
- Explain the role of diagnostic models in OD, especially the open-systems model. (MLO 5.2)
3.2 Action Required:
- Required Readings:
Chapter 4: Entering and Contracting
Chapter 5: Diagnosing
TEXTBOOK: Cummings, T., & Worley, C. (2015). Organization development and change. (10th ed.). Stamford, CT: Cengage Learning. ISBN#: 13 9781133190455 (print), ISBN#: 13 9781285800967 (e-text).
- Recommended Readings:
Qurashi, Mubashir & Qureshi, Amber. (2013). Dilemma in Relationship of Consultant and Client 1. 14. 10.9790/487X-143109113.
McFillen, James & O?Neil, Deborah & Balzer, William & Varney, Glenn. (2012). Organizational Diagnosis: An Evidence-based Approach. Journal of Change Management. 13. 1-24. 10.1080/14697017.2012.679290.
Kumari, N. (2018). Organizational Diagnosis: A Case of Infosys, India. The Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business, 5(1), 53?62. https://doi.org/10.13106/JAFEB.2018.VOL5.NO1.53
3.3 Test your Knowledge (Question):
- Briefly explain Open Model systems and provide examples.