Select a publicly traded, U.S. corporation with which you are familiar or one where you currently work or have worked in the past.
Research the company via
the website and download the Income Statement, Statement of
Shareholders’ Equity, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows.
Develop a 700-word examination of the financial statements and include the following:
- Determine the net income for the current fiscal year (FY). Is this income up or down from the prior year?
- Explain the relevance of changes in net income to investors.
- Determine the ending balance in shareholders’ equity. Why would organizations such as Labor Unions be interested in this?
- Determine the total value of assets.
- Discuss the relevance of the total value of assets to potential creditors and why this is important.
- Determine the total cash flow from the operation.
- Explain which users would find the financial statements most important.
- Discuss how the financial statements are used in your current role
or a position you would like to hold. How might these aid you in
managerial decision making?
Include the financial statements along with your assignment.
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines.