Assignment 1: Stories of Change
Read the “Stories of Change” section in Chapter 1 of the textbook that describes how companies such as Hewlett Packard, IBM, Kodak, and McDonald’s have addressed significant changes within their organizations.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
1. Using Kotter’s model, identify the three (3) most significant errors made out of all of the change stories presented and describe the ramifications of those mistakes.
2. Make at least one (1) recommendation for each change story that would have improved the effectiveness of the change process and explain why that recommendation would have altered the outcome of the change process.
3. Attribute a change image to the leading managers or directors in each change story and provide an explanation as to why that change image label is appropriate.
4. Recommend a different strategy for managing change in each of the one change stories presented and provide a justification for your recommended strategy.
5. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Compare theories of change management and select an appropriate theory for an organization change.
Evaluate the reactions to change including identifying signs of resistance and approaches to managing it.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in managing organizational change.