Select one of the following widespread psychology-related health issues:
* Employee conflict in the workplace
* Substance abuse
* Mental health
Visit two or more of the following websites that are appropriate for your selected health issue:
* Center for Disease Control: http://www.cdc.gov
* Mayo Clinic: http://www.mayoclinic.com
* American Heart Association: http://www.americanheart.org
* American Lung Association: http://www.lungusa.org
* American Diabetes Association: http://www.diabetes.org
* American Cancer Society: http://www.cancer.org
Provide an overview of the selected health issue and of psychology’s role in health.
Review at least one current psychology education program within your employer or your community that educates people about that disease or condition. If you are not sure where to find information, check your employer’s website or human resources department, your city’s website, the local community hospital’s website, or the county health department website. The University of Phoenix also offers Rev Wellness (http://www.revwellness.com).
Propose improvements to the selected psychology education or awareness program targeted at the population most affected by the health issue. Build on the existing program you are researching.
Create a Power Point presentation of 15- 20 slides (Includes Title Page & Reference Page) in which you combine your health issue overview, your review of the education program, and your proposal to improve the program. The presentation must include detailed speaker’s notes to further elaborate the bullet points listed on the slides.
Include 2-3 slides for each of the following. Outline each item using bullet points. Use 2-3 slides for each of the 6 topics listed below.
* Identify the psychology health issue and describe characteristics of the individuals or group most affected by the disease.
* Discuss risk factors that can be controlled, how to control them, and risk factors that cannot be controlled.
* Discuss developmental, gender, and socio-cultural factors that impact the health issue.
* Discuss the treatment options available to individuals and groups.
* Describe health-related behavior and health promotion strategies to address this health issue
* Discuss lifestyles changes that are needed to enhance health and to prevent illness.
Use a minimum of 3 references & 3 citations within body of presentation (citations on slide or in speaker’s notes). You should include 2-3 images (either clip art or from website, such as bing.com or other image sites).
**Choose resources from list of Acceptable Academic Resources posted in Course Materials or suggested websites listed above.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.