Write a letter to your Senator or Representative. This can be to your local, state, or federal elected official.
The assignment is broken down into three parts:
- Find a topic that interests you (Gun Control, Healthcare, Education, etc )
- Search your elected officials here, https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials (Links to an external site.)
- Write a letter asking the person to vote a certain way or write a letter thanking them for voting a certain way. Address your elected official properly.
Be sure to write a short paragraph expressing your relation to the topic. Make a few bullet points as to why they should vote for or against the issue. And close telling the official that you are one of their constituents (Be sure to review the letter example below).
- The letter should be no more than 1 page long.
- Cite facts with 2 sources. APA or MLA format for citation
- NO WIKIPEDIA
- NO Fake News
I have attached a example of a letter that teacher sent out.