Assignment 4 – Kingston Family Vineyards case and questions- to be done individually
The capstone visit of our trip will be to Kingston Family Vineyards, a winery located in the Casablanca Valley of Chile. Considered pioneers for growing red wine grapes in a valley known for whites, they have been called “one of the area’s most promising producers”. The vineyard was founded in the early 1990s by the Kingston Family
one of the family and business executives writes:
“My mother and grandmother on my mom’s side grew up in Montclair, NJ, and my great-grandmother spent her entire life in Upper Montclair. So while our family’s farm in Casablanca, Chile is the foundation of my father’s side of our extended family—Montclair, New Jersey, (and later Princeton, New Jersey) is very special on my mother Louise Lauck Kingston’s side.”
Your assignment is to
1. read the Kingston Family Vineyards-Case Study.pdf
and check out the https://www.kingstonvineyards.com/
2. read the article The Chilean Wine Industry.pdf
3. for visual context and more information view this video:https://vimeo.com/201833299 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
3. Answer the following questions:
- How are Courtney and her team, guided by their mission, purpose and core beliefs, supporting the goal of raising Chile’s position as a country of origin for premium wines?
- In your opinion, did the family make the right decision in not accepting the hotel chain’s offer and why?
Answers should be written and submitted individually, about a paragraph each (250 words total).
4. Along with the answers to the questions above, please formulate two questions to ask the Kingston team at your visit and include them with your submission.