Hypothesis Testing for Differences Between Groups MHA-FP5017 Assessment 2
Perform hypothesis testing on the differences between two groups and create an Excel document. Write a 23-page analysis of the results in a Word document and insert the results into this document
- Download the Assessment 2 Dataset [XLSX].
- clinic1 (total number of visits per month for clinic 1) .
- clinic2 (total number of visits per month for clinic 2).
- Generate a hypothesis about the difference between two groups in a dataset.
- State null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis as an explanation and math equation.
- Identify the appropriate statistical test in a dataset.
- Provide your statistical rationale.
- Perform appropriate statistical test of the difference between two groups in a dataset.
- Interpret the results of a data analysis and state whether to accept or reject the null hypothesis based on the p-value and an alpha of .05.
- Interpret p-value and statistical significance.
- Write a narrative summary of the results that includes practical, administration-related implications of the hypothesis test.
- Written communication: Write clearly, accurately, and professionally, incorporating sources appropriately.
- Length: 23 pages
- Resources: Not required.
- APA format: Cite your sources using current APA format.
- Font and font size: Times Roman, 10 point.
The dataset contains the following variables:
An investor needs to make a decision on whether to acquire one of two medical clinics based on their productivity, as measured by the total number of visits per month. You have been asked whether there is a significance difference in the total number of visits per month between clinic 1 and clinic 2.
For this assessment, perform hypothesis testing on the differences between two groups in the Assessment 2 Dataset. Create an appropriately labeled Excel document with your results. Also write an analysis of the results in a Word document. Insert the test results into this document (copied from the output file and pasted into a Word document). Refer to Copy From Excel to Another Office Program for instructions.
Submit both the Word document and the Excel file that shows the results.
The numbered assessment instructions outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the Hypothesis Testing for Differences Between Groups Scoring Guide, so be sure to address each point. You may also want to review the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
Your assessment should meet the following requirements: