Develop a 12 page job description for a Health Information professional that is accompanied by a 23-page executive summary, summarizing the position and advocating to leadership for the need of it.
This assessment will build on your first assessment and should be completed second.
Health care managers in today’s modern environment need to understand the importance and role of health information management (HIM). This also includes an understanding of the professional needs to ensure the HIMs are compliant and operating in an efficient and effective manner. In this assessment, you will once again work with the interactive scenario at a fictional hospital system. You will be tasked with researching health information professionals, their job functions and abilities to help the organization maintain or improve their HIM systems. You will apply your research of health information professionals and their job functions to the scenario by creating and developing a job description that matches the organizations needs. It is important for organizations to hire the right professionals to manage their health information systems ensuring that those professionals and their skills are in line with organizational goals.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 2: Analyze administrative, clinical, management, and decision-support information technology tools. (L12.1, 12.2, 14.3)
- Explain an organization’s need for a health information professional to ensure long-term meaningful use and current incentive program compliance.
- Describe specific job functions of a new health information professional.
- Explain the skills and training needed by a new health information professional to be successful in a position.
- Competency 3: Apply best practices relative to the financial assessments and decisions required for the implementation of health information systems. (L 8.1, 8.2, 8.4)
- Analyze the potential financial impacts of hiring a new health information professional.
- Competency 4: Apply evidence to influence buy-in from all stakeholders. (L10.5)
- Support hiring need and recommendations with specific evidence to encourage buy-in from leadership.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for professionals in health care administration. (L6.1, L6.2, L6.3, and L6.4)
- Communicate the need for and job requirements of a health information professional in a manner that is clear and concise.
- Integrate relevant sources to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style.
**I have attached the first assignment for your review so the same organization follows. Also please follow APA format and DO NOT PLAGIARIZE.