1. Company: Apple Inc.
2. Create a high-level outline based on the key elements stipulated in the Module 8 Portfolio Project requirements (see below, disregard page lengths this is for my final project. Only an outline is needed for this submission).
3. For this Portfolio Project milestone, include at least two current, scholarly references (published within the past five years) and an outline containing the following:
- Substantive details in the organization section.
- Substantive details in the operations management section
- (#2 details)
- Organization: Name and briefly describe an organization of your choice, including its mission. (This will be the subject of the first of three Portfolio Milestones, due at the end of Module 2.)
- Overview: Provide an overview of this paper so the reader gets familiarity with the purpose, content, and overall organization of the paper. ( This will be the subject of the second of three Portfolio Milestones, due at the end of Module 4.)
- Operations Management: Define OM and relate the subject organization’s mission, operational strategy, and productivity measurements; compare and contrast OM with project management. (This will be the subject of the third and last of three Portfolio Milestones, due at the end of Module 6.)
- OM Forecasting: Define forecasting in the context of OM, identify the subject organization’s forecasting methods and practices, relate the Seven Steps in the forecasting system to the subject organization, highlight potential ethical considerations related to the subject organization’s forecasting, and recap applicable lessons learned based on your forecasting simulation experience.
- Define Operations: Define design of goods and services and relate it to the subject organization, and highlight the OM process, location, and human resource strategy in the context of the subject organization.
- Quality Management: Define quality and identify common OM quality management best practices, identify the subject organization’s quality management methodology, and recap the applicable lessons learned based on your quality management simulation experience. Additionally, build a house of quality to show five customer requirements and product/service characteristics to meet them. Explain the process of product characteristics selection and how these customer requirements are met.
- Human Resources, Job Design, and Work Measurement: Define the role of human resources, job design, and work measurement in ensuring competitiveness and high productivity for the subject organization.
- Supply Chain Management: Define supply chain management (SCM), designate the subject organization’s SCM strategy and explain the basis for determination, describe the subject organization’s use of technology for SCM, identify potential SCM risks and SCM ethical considerations related to the subject organization, and recap the applicable lessons learned in your supply chain management simulation experience.
- Inventory Management: Define inventory management, its importance, and common inventory models; identify the subject organization’s inventory management practices; and identify potential ethical considerations related to the subject organization.
- Operations Manager Job Description: Imagine you are hiring an operations manager for this company. Prepare a comprehensive job description with clearly articulated bulleted duties that describes what is expected for this role (no more than two pages).
- Conclusion: Provide key lessons learned from various sections and a summary of the paper (less than one page).
- References: (Portfolio Milestone 3, due at the end of Module 4; you can also add more references after Module 4.)