Perform multiple regression on the relationship between hospital costs and patient age, risk factors, and patient satisfaction scores, and then generate a prediction to support this health care decision. Write a 34-page analysis of the results in a Word document and insert the test results into this document.
Note: You are strongly encouraged to complete the assessments in this course in the order they are presented.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:Regression is an important statistical technique for determining the relationship between an outcome (dependent variable) and predictors (independent variables). Multiple regression evaluates the relative predictive contribution of each independent variable on a dependent variable. The regression model can then be used for predicting an outcome at various levels of the independent variables. For this assessment, you will perform multiple regression and generate a prediction to support a health care decision.
- Competency 2: Analyze data using computer-based programming and software.
- Perform the appropriate multiple regression using a dataset.
- Competency 3: Interpret results of data analysis for value-based health care decisions, policy, or practice.
- Interpret the statistical significance and effect size of the regression coefficients of a data analysis.
- Interpret the fit of the regression model for prediction of a data analysis.
- Competency 4: Present results of data analysis to support a decision or recommendation.
- Apply the statistical results of the multiple regression of a data analysis to support a health care decision.
- Write a narrative summary of the results that includes practical, administration-related implications of the multiple regression.
- Competency 5: Communicate audience-appropriate health management content in a logically structured and concise manner, writing clearly with correct use of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and APA style.
- Write clearly and concisely, using correct grammar, mechanics, and APA formatting.