Evaluate the impact of global disease surveillance processes among global populations.
During a global health volunteer trip, you identified the need for a disease surveillance program targeting a preventable disease within a global population. You would like to create awareness about this need and propose a solution.
Select a preventable disease affecting a population, and write a persuasive essay for the USAID.gov blog proposing a disease surveillance program. The essay should:
- Introduce the topic and include a thesis statement that summarizes the main point of the essay and its importance. (1 paragraph)
- Describe the preventable disease and population affected by the disease (1-2 paragraphs)
- Propose methods for a disease surveillance program within the population and supported by evidence from at least two professional sources published within the past five years. (1 page)
- Suggest global health organizations that would be suited to launch the program with thorough rationale. (2 paragraphs)
- Explain how the program would be communicated to healthcare providers and communities (1-2 paragraphs)
The essay should be in APA format. Information should be supported by evidence from professional sources, published within the past five years.