As our study draws to a close, it is important to step back and reflect on new levels of understanding, skills, and knowledge that you developed as a result of your efforts throughout this course.
Toward this end, please address each of the following items:
- Describe how you improved your knowledge, skills, abilities, and yourself in this session through this course.
- Evaluate your OPM500 class work during the session and explain ways you could have performed better.
- Identify topics you did not understand or successfully implement and, if possible, suggest how to improve the course material on those topics.
- Discuss ways you might measure the future effects of what you have learned in this course for your future progress/improvement.
- State whether you achieved the course outcomes (listed in the “Learning Outcomes” section of the syllabus).
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to satisfy the following outcomes:
- Module 1
- Understand the importance of process management and its real-world application in productivity improvements.
- Analyze processes and productivity in a manufacturing company and a non-manufacturing company.
- Module 2
- Understand quality from the customer’s perspective.
- Distinguish from various methodologies how to improve quality.
- Module 3
- Describe the strategic importance of supply-chain management and understand its impact.
- Explain the crucial roles of purchasing and distribution for effective supply chains.
- Module 4
- Analyze a complex operations situation in a manufacturing company or service company.
- Understand forecasting and capacity planning techniques.