· Describe and compare three major theories of planned change. (MLO 2.1)
· Explain how planned change can be adopted to fit different contexts. (MLO 2.3)
· Critique the practice of planned change. (MLO 2.4)
· Discuss the roles and characteristics of OD practitioners. (MLO 3.1)
· Describe the competencies required of effective OD practitioners. (MLO 3.2)
2.2 Action Required:
· Required Readings:
Chapter 2: The Nature of Planned Change
Chapter 3: The Organization Development Practitioner
TEXTBOOK: Cummings, T., & Worley, C. (2015). Organization development and change. (10th ed.). Stamford, CT: Cengage Learning. ISBN#: 13 9781133190455 (print), ISBN#: 13 9781285800967 (e-text).
· Recommended Readings:
Pregmark, J. E. (2022, February 21). Renewing models for change. The Learning Organization, 29(3), 255?274. https://doi.org/10.1108/tlo-05-2021-0056
2.3 Test your Knowledge (Question):
1. Discuss the importance of planned change and its impact on the organization.
2. Critically discuss each of the planned change theories and provide examples.
3. Discuss some of the key competencies of effective OD professionals?