Planning For Change
Employees can be unpredictable and it is helpful to always be
prepared for the worst. Thus, planning is very important when dealing
with volatile employees. Succession planning is a process for
identifying and developing internal employees with the potential to fill
key leadership positions in an organization. Imagine the CFO of your
organization quitting without any prior notice. Who would be able to
take over such a critical role? Many organizations are ill-prepared for
such organizational dilemmas. Succession planning must include a
well-designed employee development system to reach its potential. Having
a pipeline of employees who are adequately trained with the knowledge,
skills, and abilities (i.e., KSAs) of replacing key employees is
mandatory for organizational effectiveness.
Drawing on the material in the background readings and doing
additional research, please prepare a 3-5 page paper (not including the
cover and reference pages) in which you:
- Analyze the aging workforce from a human resource professional
perspective and discuss the added value of having an aging workforce
when recruiting new talent. Also, what impact will an aging workforce
have on an organization’s overall image?
- With a significant amount of baby boomers retiring, prepare a
detailed and comprehensive succession plan for your organization.
Your paper will be evaluated on the following points:
- Precision – Does the paper address the question(s) or task(s)?
- Clarity – Is the writing clear and the concepts articulated
properly? Are paraphrasing and synthesis of concepts the primary means
of response to the questions, or are excessive use of quotations how
thoughts are conveyed? Are headings included in all papers greater than
- Breadth – Is the full breadth of the subject addressed?
- Depth – Does the paper address the topic in sufficient depth?
- Grammar, spelling and vocabulary – Is the paper written well – is
the grammar, spelling, and vocabulary suitable to graduate level work?
- Referencing (citations and references) – Does the paper use citations and quotation marks when appropriate?
- Critical thinking – Is the subject thought about critically, i.e., accurately, logically, relevantly, and precisely?
Assignment Expectations (Structure)
- Make sure that you use your own words (rather than copying sentences from the article).
- Your paper will be graded based on the following criteria:
Precision, Clarity, Breadth, Depth, Grammar/Vocabulary, Referencing, and
- Use 12-point type size (Times New Roman), double-spacing, and one-inch margins. Add a cover page and a references list.
Cite your sources: APA Style. You may use the tutorial found on the following link (press “view the tutorial”): http://www.apastyle.org/learn/tutorials/basics-tutorial.aspx?apaSessionKey=4532A4A4911C1E8D5E885C141739A382