When designing facilities, there are many stakeholders who will be affected by its design. It is important to understand that each of the stakeholders will have a unique perspective of the facility based on their role.
Imagine you and your team are stakeholders (i.e., nurse, physician, patient, family member of patient, or janitorial staff) who will use the facility that was presented by the design team.
As a team, review the facility and consider how the perspective of the stakeholder you selected may be different from another stakeholder, such as a physician versus a patient. It is important to consider the stakeholders role and use of the facility (i.e., who they interact with, functions they perform, and departments they interact with).
Complete the Facility Diagram presented by the design team.
- You will notice the doors are missing on the facility presented. As a team, label where you will add doors into rooms.
- Label the rooms in the facility presented.
- Consider adding basic equipment to the space to help you with orientation and use for your stakeholders.
Complete a flow diagram using the facility diagram you added doors to and label rooms above. Make sure to use your research of FGIs.
- The flow diagram needs to show your stakeholders use (flow) of the facility.
- The flow should show the use from dirty to clean and clean to dirty.
- The flow diagram needs to clearly indicate each stakeholder selected. Consider using different markers (i.e., color, shapes).
As a team, write a 350- to 700-word summary of your review of the facility. Your summary should:
- Identify each stakeholders role selected for the flow diagram.
- Discuss whether this space worked or did not work for each stakeholder.
- Identify your cross points. Do they create hubs that could reduce foot traffic?
- Identify whether the flow supports current build of the facility and FGI guidelines.
- Identify 1 possible improvement or alternative that would support sustainable health care facility design and the stakeholder flow in this facility. MY SECTION
- Describe the steps you would take to implement the improvements or alternative designs. MY SECTION
- Identify at least 2 evaluation techniques that are used to measure project success.
- Consider the type of data needed to evaluate success.
I ATTACHED THE FACILITY DESIGN