Read Vargas Family Case Study: Module 2. Complete a Cultural
Formulation Interview based on the cultural formulation section in the
DSM-5 and given the new information learned in session two of the
Vargas case study. Refer to the attached CFI form for guidance and
complete the CFI template.
Include a citation for the Cultural Formulation Interview. Solid academic writing is expected.
Part 2: Review the Vargas Family Case Study: Session Two. Write a
750-1,000-word paper in which you demonstrate how therapists apply
psychoanalytic and cognitive-behavioral theories to analyze the
presenting problem(s) and choose appropriate interventions.
Be sure to answer the following questions in your paper:
A. What are the two main presenting problems for the Vargas family?
B. How are the problems maintained according to:
- The psychoanalytic perspective?
- The cognitive-behavioral perspective?
- What interventions would you plan to use in your next session?
- From the psychoanalytic perspective (identify and describe your plan for two interventions)
- From the cognitive-behavioral perspective (identify and describe your plan for two interventions)
Cite at least three academic sources (peer-reviewed journal articles, books, etc.).