One way to inform the public about an intervention program is through the use of billboards.
You will be creating a two-billboard campaign that aims to get the word out about your intervention program.
For this assignment:
- Select a target population within Sentinel City. You can assess Sentinel City by clicking the link below this assignment.
- Select a public health issue and provide an overview of the issue and its importance and any barriers that may affect the target population of interest.
- Choose two types of intervention strategies that are appropriate for the health issue you selected.
- Create two different billboards that reflect the selected intervention strategies for your public health issue. Include these billboards after you have written steps 2 and 3. Please be creative with these billboards. You can use Word or any program that can help you create billboards. You can draw them, use graphics or images, or anything else to get your intervention strategy out to the people.
- Submit a one page explanation of the meaning behind the billboard, target audience, main message and/or action goals associated with it in addition to what you have for items 1,2,3. You cannot use a current slogan/campaign/image; your message must be original.
See the rubric for specific grading criteria.
Click the link below to access Sentinel City and get started. Reminder, Google Chrome is the recommended browser for Sentinel City. Turn off your pop-up blocker.
The simulation takes a while to load. It may take a few minutes. You will see a gray box as it loads. Once the simulation is ready, you can select either a male or female avatar to enter Sentinel City. It does not matter which one you select because both go into the same simulation. If you need any help with the simulation, see the user guide located in this week’s supplemental resources.