Students will be required to submit a current event paper during week three. Students will conduct Internet research to identify a current event pertinent to cybersecurity (preferably something relevant to this class’ topics). Current event topics should not be older than six (6) weeks from the date of submission. After identifying a current event, students will write up a detailed synopsis of the current event and provide their opinion on the important business implications (or the “So what? Who cares?”).
The following requirements are applicable:
- Your paper must have the following clearly identified sections:
- Part 1: Synopsis – Students must provide a detailed synopsis that summarizes the current event, including identifying key issues or concerns. Page length: At least 1 page.
- Part 2: Business Implications – Students must provide a comprehensive opinion on the business implications of this current event. For example, what should a company start doing? Stop doing? What is the “so what, who cares?” response to the current event? Page length: At least 3 pages.
- References: If you use references, ensure they are properly cited. Page length: As necessary
- Assignments must follow APA format, including citations and references.
- Students will be graded on spelling and grammar in addition to content and appropriateness for “college-level” submissions.
- Current Events must be submitted in Blackboard by Saturday 11:59 PM (PST) of week three.
- Assignments submitted late will be assessed a penalty of 10 points per late day.